- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Coordination in Destination Management
- Education and Training
- Ethics and Social Dimensions of Tourism
- Information and Communications
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Statutory meetings
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
Tourism Success Stories and Rising Stars – World Tourism Conference Proceedings
Nº of Pages:286
ISBN (electronic version):
ISBN (print version):
Tourism Success Stories and Rising Stars resulted from the World Tourism Conference (WTC) 2010 which was organised at a time when the tourism industry was gradually recovering from the exceptionally challenging time it had experienced under the influence of the global economic crisis.
In accordance with UNWTO’s Roadmap on the recovery of international tourism from the crisis, WTC 2010 aimed at examining the strategies of leading destinations and organisations for the acceleration of growth in the tourism industry.
Tourism Success Stories and Rising Stars thus contains examples of success stories and best practices of pacesetter destinations and organisations in the tourism industry. It covers topics ranging from the creation of tourism businesses, service excellence, country branding to tourism product development and marketing.