- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
UNWTO News 11
Release Date:Thursday, November 22, 2012
On 13 December 2012, the one-billionth tourist will arrive somewhere in the world.
To celebrate, UNWTO is asking the world’s one billion tourists to vote for the travel tip they think will have the most positive impact on the people and places they visit and to follow that tip when they travel. On 13 December the most popular tip will be revealed and sent out to thousands via social media.
UNWTO will be celebrating one billion tourists in Madrid, Spain, on 13 December and we encourage you to hold your own celebrations.