- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
Officers for 2016
First Vice-Chair: Croatia
Second Vice-Chair: Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Executive Council's task is to take all necessary measures, in consultation with the Secretary-General, for the implementation of its own decisions and recommendations of the Assembly and report thereon to the Assembly.
The Council meets at least twice a year.
The Council consists of Full Members elected by the Assembly in the proportion of one Member for every five Full Members, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure laid down by the Assembly with a view to achieving fair and equitable geographical distribution.
The term of office of Members elected to the Council is four years and elections for one-half of the Council membership are held every two years. Spain is a Permanent Member of the Executive Council.
The Council elects one Chair and two Vice-Chairs from among its Members.
- Committee for the Review of Applications for Affiliate Membership
- Committee on Statistics and the Tourism Satellite Account
- Committee on Tourism and Competitiveness
- Committee on Tourism and Sustainability
- Programme and Budget Committee