- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Coordination in Destination Management
- Education and Training
- Ethics and Social Dimensions of Tourism
- Information and Communications
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Statutory meetings
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
UNWTO joins UN agencies to reaffirm support for young people
The heads of 25 UN entities have released a statement reaffirming their commitment to make young people a priority in their work and incorporate their perspectives within the United Nations system. This expression of support at the highest level comes in the context of the United Nations International Year of Youth (August 2010 – August 2011).
“With strengthened resolve, we stand ready to work as one within the United Nations to support young people in achieving their aspirations,” says the statement.
UNWTO Secretary-General, Taleb Rifai, was among the signatories of the joint statement of the UN Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD). Youth travel has become an increasingly important part of global tourism in recent decades and the sector offers vital socio-economic opportunities for young people.
Tel: (+34) 91 567 81 60
Tel: +34 91-567-8100
Fax: +34 91-567-8218