- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Coordination in Destination Management
- Education and Training
- Ethics and Social Dimensions of Tourism
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Statutory meetings
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
1st UNWTO Regional Conference on Tourism Partnerships: Future Tourism for Asia and the Pacific
31 May 2013 - 2 June 2013
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) are jointly organizing the first UNWTO Regional Conferance on Tourism Partnerships: Future Tourism for Asia and the Pacific, in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea, from 31 May to 2 June 2013 in Seoul. The Conferance will be held on the occasion of the Korea World Travel Fair (KOTFA), one of the major travel fairs in Asia.
With special emphasis on Asia and the Pacific region, the main objective of the conference is to create a platform for participants in the private and public sectors to engage in dialogue and shared-vision on how to advance tourism in the context of a technology-driven world using development strategies that are both ethical and sustainable. The conference will:
- Debate issues such as how Smart Tourism can be the driver to form strategic alliances for cooperative action among the various stakeholders;
- Discuss how alliances of this nature can assist stakeholders to leverage innovation to increase their competitiveness in the global tourism market; and
- Examine how ethical issues that underpin Responsible Tourism can help to make a difference in terms of brand perception and sustainability.
In the context of this event, the first signing ceremony of the Private Sector Commitment to the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics for Tourism in Asia will be held. This special signing ceremony will be organized for companies and associations that express an interest in the Commitment to the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics for Tourism. This Commitment constitutes a formal pledge to uphold ethical principles related to the sustainable and, above all, responsible development of tourism, enshrined in the Code.
We sincerely hope that you will be able to join us and share with other participants your valuable experience. We look forward to welcoming you in Seoul.
Please contact us to: [email protected]