- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Coordination in Destination Management
- Education and Training
- Ethics and Social Dimensions of Tourism
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Statutory meetings
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
3rd UNWTO International Conference on Tourism and the Media: How new media is shaping the news
2 December 2013 - 3 December 2013
With the rise of the new media, both the media landscape and the way stories are being told are changing. Millions of consumers now have the possibility to directly engage in the editorial process due to faster than ever evolving technology. More recently, mobile technology and a myriad of applications for smart phone devices are increasingly influencing communication flows.
The 3rd UNWTO International Conference on Tourism and the Media: How new media is shaping the news will address issues such as how tourism’s media presence and narrative has changed in this new media context or what the future of tourism communication looks like.
The event has taken place.