- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Coordination in Destination Management
- Education and Training
- Ethics and Social Dimensions of Tourism
- Information and Communications
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Risk and Crisis Management
- Statutory meetings
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
Internships at UNWTO
UNWTO may at times consider accepting student trainees, depending on the candidate's qualifications and the demands of the work programme of the Organization.
Traineeship is on a voluntary basis. Consequently the trainee will not be entitled to any remuneration or allowance and will be responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of the training. Also, acceptance of a trainee carries no expectancy of employment at the end of the training period.
Applicants should meet the following basic preliminary conditions before the request may be processed:
- the trainee should be a university graduate, preferably doing a post-graduate course, - the trainee shall be in good health (a medical certificate may be required), physically and mentally able to carry out his studies abroad, and in possession of an all-risk insurance.
Candidates wishing to be considered for training should send a detailed curriculum vitae, one recent ID photograph, plus brief information on the course they have recently completed. Please do not fail to indicate the field of preference and proposed period of training:
Chief of Human Resources Section
World Tourism Organization
Capitán Haya 42
28020 Madrid - Spain
If the request is approved, an Agreement will be signed between the Organization and the candidate and, when applicable, the university or educational institution concerned.
Please note that training requests will only be acknowledged in case of a positive reply.